Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Sympathy poem response.

The connections I made to the title were when something happens to your friend and you feel sad for them and show empathy and know the right things to say.

The poem was organised in three stanzas each with seven lines and the rhyming pattern is ABAABCC, ABAABAA and ABABBCC.

For me the tone of the poem makes me feel sad because it's about a bird trapped in a cage. (I love animals and I could never dream of hurting them!) 

The poetic devices in this poem are rhyming, simile when it says "the river flows like a stream of glass, alliteration "heaven he", personification when it says "cruel bars" "beats his wing" "bird sings",  metaphor when it says "caged bird feels" because it is comparing when you are in a situation when you feel like a caged bird and hyperbole when it says "I know why the caged bird sings" because he can not know.

The meaning of this poem for me is when you show sympathy to someone you care for who has been in some hard times.

How have I done? What could I do to improve my work? Send me a comment to tell me what to change.😊😉😌😄


  

1 comment:

  1. I liked the way you explained your reactions to the poem Daisy! It is a quite sad poem. I wonder what other similes could be used to demonstrate that you understand how someone might be feeling?

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about