Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2020

I wandered lonely as a cloud poem response (By William Wordsworth)


 

The connections I made to the title was when your friends ditch you and you are trying to find a new friend or two. That's sad cause if I was like that I would want a warm hug from Olaf.

The poem was organised in four stanzas each with six lines and the rhyming pattern was ABABCC ABABCC ABABCC ABABCC.

The tone of the poem for me was happy and at the same time sad and pale. I think it was happy when it says "golden daffodils" and I think that it is sad when it says "They flash upon that inward eye" and pale when it says "I wandered lonely as a cloud that floats on high o'er vales and hills".

The poetic devices in this poem are personification, simile, hyperbole and alliteration. There is alliteration when it says "but be" there is hyperbole when it says "ten thousand I saw at a glance" because well there are not that many daffodils so it is an exaggeration there is another one when it says " a host of golden daffodils" because daffodils are yellow and how can they be hosts?. There a simile when it says "continuous as the stars that shine" and there is lots of personification like when it says " fluttering and dancing in the breeze" and "tossing their heads" and the waves beside them dance" there is two more the second to the last one that I found was "outdid the waves in glee" and last but not least "and dances with the daffodils".

I think the meaning of the poem is thinking about not losing your friend and what you can see around you when you pay attention to the things in our world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about